Essential Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Follows formula and processing instructions, and mixes material accordingly. Applies heating and cooling to batches as per instructions. Checks materials prior to use to ensure color, odor and other characteristics are of proper quality; notifies supervisor and QC of potential problems. Processes, filters and samples material as needed.
- Communicates with the previous compounder to discuss any irregularities or special instructions that need to be followed.
- Utilizes the forklift to move raw materials.
- Maintains neat, orderly and clean workplace at all times. Works in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and adheres to internal policies, including (but not limited to) the handling of all containers utilizing proper material-handling equipment and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed, and logs information as required. Takes inventory of materials and reports or makes corrections as needed. Performs other duties when required, such as dispensing, packaging, testing and material handling.
Minimum Education/Experience/Skills/Job Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Basic Mathematical Skills (Metric vs English system).
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, squat, bend, and reach on occasional situations. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of times.
- Must be capable of performing routine work assignments, multi-tasking and following instructions with moderate supervision.
- Must be hard-working, self-motivated, committed to quality, and recognize the impact of day-to-day activities on the shop floor on customer satisfaction.
- Clear communication skills (verbal and written), promptness, consistent attendance and willingness to work occasional overtime are required.
- Must understand work procedures, methods, use of required equipment and computerized and/or printed work instructions.
- Must be committed to quality and possess the ability to recognize bad or poor ingredients and maximize the use of available resources to increase productivity.
- Manufacturing/production experience or Associate of Science degree preferred.