R&D Scientist I
Hydrotex has an immediate opening for an R&D Scientist, who will collaborate with other top scientists and engineers to develop cutting edge sustainable technologies in the lubricant and fuel industry. The R&D Scientist will be responsible for the characterization of the chemical and physical properties of diesel fuel, lubricant and grease samples to support new product development, production, and sales. We are seeking a self-motivated person who possesses natural curiosity and creativity combined with strategic thinking and strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with a B.S. in Chemistry and the ability to make discoveries on the lab bench proven through academic or industrial research experience.
The R&D Scientist I position is full-time with flexible hours and highly competitive pay commensurate with education and experience. Prior hands-on laboratory experience will be considered a plus. Candidates are expected to follow strict safety practices and have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Opportunities for advancement exist for high potential individuals who demonstrate the ability to make strong contributions.
Primary Job Duties:
- Plan and perform lab scale experiments necessary for lubricant and fuel improver product development
- Conduct and/or supervise the routine laboratory testing of diesel fuel samples
- Maintain accurate records in database, electronic lab notebook, and shared drive
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments
- Provide timely reports and presentations to management
- Support interdisciplinary project team in anticipation of product launch
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or equivalent field
- 1-2 years of chemical research experience
- Understanding of analytical chemistry and statistics
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Attention to detail
- Good recordkeeping practices
- Good communication, technical writing, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
Compensation Package: Competitive Salary, depending on qualifications, with a generous benefit package, including Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Hydrotex® is a manufacturer and distributor of high performance lubricant and fuel improver solutions. As an employee owned company, we help our customers develop sustainable solutions designed to improve system reliability, save energy, limit pollution, extend fixed asset life, reduce maintenance costs and improve fuel efficiency. Our products and services leverage over 80 years of innovation resulting in superior lubrication solutions and high touch customer service.